The Learning Research Group consists of fifteen pupils across Years 4, 5 and 6 whose role is to raise the profile of pupil voice across the school, gather findings on the impact of teaching strategies and report their findings to members of staff.
The focus of this year is to explore the school's six essentials which are:
1) Clear focus for learning (learning intentions and success criteria)
2) Appropriate challenge for the children
3) Sequencing concepts and modelling
4) Effective questioning leading to meaningful dialogue
5) Effective feedback
6) Effective use of different stages of practice
The group meet every week where they are taught how to become effective researchers by looking at the importance of being sceptical, how to be systematic and what is required to ensure research is conducted in an ethical manner.